Sunday, October 29, 2017

#BLESSED




Shon , his family and Sister Bowers

Hey everyone! This week has been a great week! We went on exchanges on Tuesday- Wednesday and I was with Sister Petrus! She is from Chuck! Haha it was quite the exchange! It was our walking Wednesday and I had a feeling that we needed to go and see these investigators that we hadn't seen in a long time! I really didn't want to go there because i don't like the men that live there but for some reason we went and I am supper glad because I was able to see my recent convert Shon! It was a little miracle from Heavenly Father!

On Thursday we went to our very first Pohnpeian Funeral! HAHA man i have never felt more like a tourist than in that moment! It was a man who was a member who fell away from the church and built his own church that uses everything that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints uses!...Book of Mormon, Sacrament prayers, everything, he just believed that he was a prophet, he was not the biggest fan of us missionaries! But hey thats okay, not very many people are! So we decided to go and support him! Funerals are so different here, they leave the body in the house and the women go in the room with the body and cry and give money in a bowl, and if you dont want to do that, you go out side and cook! HAHA just imagine, 2 white girls among 200 Pohnpeians! It was an experience i will never forget!


Saturday KATHRENE got baptized! It was so cute! She kinda ran from her mom and did it! Her mom kept telling her that she needed to wait but Kathrene knew that she needed to do it! So she asked her mom Saturday morning if she could go to a church activity that night and her mom said yes! We went to the bottom of the hill by her house to wait for her ride and we see that her sister is with her so we asked if she told her mom and she said no, but she said that her little sister knew! Haha oh man we just started laughing! I love this girl so much! She has taught me how to stand up for what you believe in! She is so faithful! I am so grateful for her! She has changed my life in more ways than i can explain, she is the one that has helped convert me to the gospel! 








I hope you all have a great week! I am so grateful for all of you and your examples to me and all of your prayers! I know this is the Lords work and I am grateful I have been blessed with the opportunity to do it! 

Love, 
Sister Bowers



Limwee... love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment