Sunday, September 3, 2017

Member took my shoes!



Hey everyone! This week was really kinda crazy! We were on Guam all week for MLC So we didn't get to do any proselyting in our area! We left Tuesday and got back on Friday! But when we got back Sister Russell was sick so we stayed in! Here are some funny stories for the week! 

On Monday we went and had FHE with one of our members named Pohlo, she asked us if we wanted to play a game, not knowing what the game was i promised her i would play! The game is called Budget! So how it works is if the person you promise with asks you a questions and you answer yes or raise your eyebrows and they say budget they can take anything they want from you! Sooo me not knowing how to play the game she asked me a question and i said yes, and she yelled "BUDGET!!! Give me your hair elastic!" So i got a little up set and was like what the heck you cant do that you didn't even explain to me the game! Then after explaining it i gave her it. We were getting ready to leave and she asked me another question, i tried so hard not to even say anything because she had told me before that the next time she got me she was going to take my shoes! I ended up raising my eyebrows and she budgeted me once again! And this time said she was taking my shoes. Well we got out the door to leave and i start putting my shoes on and i look at Sister Russell and she goes "What are you doing? Shes taking our shoes!" HA then Pohlos sister comes and says "Pohlo their taking their shoes!" Pohol came running, took our shoes and put them in the house and thats how our night ended, we walked back to our care shoe less! So thank goodness my mom send another pair of crocs that day! SO the lesson learned in this story dont promise to join anything until you understand the game!

On the bright side of things, i got to eat panda express 4 times this week in Guam! The whole time we were there i just kept telling Sister Russell man i want to eat some Pohnpeian food! Well we were at church yesterday and one of our members says "I want to feed you tonight!" SO i was pretty stoked! We got to her house yesterday and she uncovers the food! Oh man my heart kinda sank, i saw a big yellow yoke egg and rice pieaha haha not my favorite pohnpeian food at all but its okay i was blessed to have one of the elders eat most of it for me! Ha lesson learned in this story is be careful what you ask for you might just get it, but not in the way you thought!

I hope everything is going well at home! One of my favorite scriptures for this week is Mosiah 2:41 I hope you all have a chance to read it! Thanks for all the love and support! Have a great week! Love you!

Love, Sister Bowers

Subway in Guam!

Sister Wari Sister Bowers Sister James

No comments:

Post a Comment