Sunday, July 17, 2016

Bathing with EELS!!!



Sister Bowers and Sister Wahlquist on exchanges.


July 12th-18th

July 12 ---- We went on our morning run and I encountered my first topless woman! Haha What a surprise! We taught a lesson and my companions translated what was being said but then I had them stop translating to see if I could understand what they were talking about. So they stopped  and I was able to pick out words and put sentences together!! The gift of tongues/interpretation is real!!

July 13-- Not much happened:(

July 14 ---Shower in the river!! We ran out of water in the house which is a common thing! So we had to get buckets and stand on rocks in the river and dump water on our heads!! Oh did I mention the eels? and that they like rocks! So I showered not only in the river but with eels also!! Bet No one else has done that!!

July 15/16----Exchanges!! My first exchange!  It was fun to go and see another area and how other missionaries are teaching! It was nice to be with someone who was Exactly obedient! It makes missionary work a lot easier!

July 17th----Church!! Church is weird here!  They don't have pianos so every song we sing is us and our voices ( I couldn't spell acapella?) haha but its pretty cool!  I sit there and can only pull out some words that they are saying!

I just wanted to leave you with my testimony!  I know that this gospel is true and with all my heart!
I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer!! I have truly come to understand the atonement and that it is a gift, the only way to live with  Heavenly Father!  And we should apply it to our every day lives! I have truly come to love the Book of Mormon while being out! I have come  to learn that even though it was written in older times it is meant for todays world and todays people! I know that the words it says are true! I now know what it means to be on the receiving end of prayers!  I want to say thank you for all your prayers! I have felt the GREATLY!! I know this gospel is true and I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ , Amen.
Have a great week!   I Poakepoake  IUHK!
                               (I Love You)
Thank you for all of the support!

Love, Sister Bowers:)





I saw this on the one of the moms pages and this is so TRUE!! GO Sister Bowers!
LOVE YOU BRYN!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment