Sunday, November 12, 2017

Merleen Pehnias



Sister Bowers and Merleen

Hey everyone! Oh man can i just say how much I love my area! I love my companion! I love the work! I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY! This week has been one of the best weeks in my entire mission! Obedience brings blessings!
                         Well, this week i want to introduce you all to one of our investigators names Merleen Phenias! They were already teaching her when i came back to uh she is in her 40's she isn't married, doesn't have any kids, she is a nurse, well was a nurse! I just wanted to share a little bit about her with you!  The first time I met Merleen she always seemed very determined to do things! She is no longer able to walk, she spends the entire day right where she is sitting. She has diabetes and ended up stepping on a piece of glass a year ago and it got really really infected! So she went to the hospital to get it cleaned up and it ended up getting worse! She Ended up having to have a surgery type of thing and get almost all the skin removed from her heal. She received a blessing from the elders a while ago and had a really cool healing experience! Sister Milne said that she really wants to go to church but is nervous to go because she i scared that she will fall or that others will laugh at her! So we were teaching her one day and i just had the strongest feeling that we need to get her to church, i asked her if we could come over and do language study with her and then we would help her do some exercises to help build up her muscle so that she could use her crutches and she said yes! So this week were going to be doing work outs together! Wahoo!! Yesterday I told her that i needed her to come to church before i left and she said of course with out any hesitation! OH man she is the sweetest! So we have ourselves a project this week! We are going to be figuring out how we can help her get to church so keep us in your prayers! 
       This week has just been absolutely amazing! The love of Christ is so real! I am so sad that i am going to have to leave these people so soon! I would say the biggest lesson that i have learned on my mission is serve lovingly! I have seen the change it brings to people! I am so grateful for each and everyone of you and all the service that you have given to me! I love you all so much! Have a great week! 

Love, 
Sister Bowers




Sister Bowers and Sister Wari

Sister James and Sister Bowers

My cute companio... Sister Milne








No comments:

Post a Comment