Wednesday, August 3, 2016

TRANSFERS!!!





Hey everyone!! How are you all doing? Hopefully everything is well where ever you may be!  This week has been humid as ever here on Pohnpei!
    This week has been great! We have been teaching this 19 yr old girls named Lynell, they have been teaching her before I came and she wanted to get baptized but she couldn't  because she had a calling in the Protestant church!  But now she doesn't! So we were teaching her and at the end of the lesson she says " I'm ready!"   The spirit was so strong! She will be getting baptized on the 6th I am so excited for her!! It is so awesome to be able to see the Lords hand and the spirit how they direct you!
        On a more funny note, in our area we have to cross  rivers.  So my companion starts to head across first and then as soon as I go to cross I her " AH man, sister!" I look up to find her sitting in the water all wet! HAHA I just started laughing!  We laughed for a couple of minutes then she finished crossing. Except we take our shoes off when we cross because the rocks ar so slick. So I'm standing on one side and shes on he other side of the river and  I have all our stuff!   So I say " I'm gonna throw your shoes catch them" so I throw her shoe and as I let go my first thought was Oh No!! Her shoe hit the tree branch and fell in the river  and down the stream it went !!!! HAHA  oh man we both just stood there and laughed !! I felt pretty bad!
         TRANSFERS!!!!!   So my companion is finished with her mission and heads back this week so I get to have Sister Alanzo come back and finish my training! I am so excited!! She use to be my other companion but was sick quite often so my mission president moved her to an area closer to the hospital, so now she is coming back and I couldn't be more excited!

    I want to bear my testimony to you, I know this church is true!  I know that Jesus Christ lived an died for us  and it is through Him that we can return to our Heavenly Father. I am grateful for the atonement!!   I am grateful for trials and how they strengthen us! I know that Thomas S. Monson is a prophet of God! I know that the Book of Mormon is true and it can help us so much!  I am grateful for the opportunity I have to serve  a mission and to here in Pohnpei! I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ  of Latter Day Saints is the only true gospel on the earth today! I share this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, AMEN.

Have a great week! Love & Miss you ALL!!
                ❤️ Sister Bowers
This is Sister Alanzo .. Bryns old/new companion . She is so excited to have her back!!!!!!!!

THE only road in Pohnpei that goes around the whole island!!









No comments:

Post a Comment